WEBSITE BROWSER – PRIVACY NOTICE
1. INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
At EMA Aesthetics Limited (“EMA”) we know that your privacy is important to you. This privacy notice (“Notice”) describes the types of information we collect and use, who that information relates to, how and why we use such information, who we share it with and your legal rights.
When we talk about information in this Notice, we mean any information relating to you, either directly or indirectly.
This Notice applies to visitors to the website located at emathesource.com (the “Website”) who are based in the European Union or the United Kingdom.
If you are a user of “The Source” portal on our Website then this Notice is not applicable to you. There is a separate privacy notice for users of The Source, which will be made available to you.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
EMA is responsible for your information. This Notice applies to EMA Aesthetics Limited of Palmerston House, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, with company number 642585, which is the data controller for the purposes of this Notice.
When we say “EMA”, “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean the controller of your information.
If you want to get in touch and seek to exercise your rights described below, please contact
us at email@example.com
3. WHO WE RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM, HOW WE USE IT AND LEGAL BASIS
The only information we receive about you is information which you may submit via the Contact Form on our Website. We expect this information will be limited to your name, contact details and information which is relevant to your enquiry. It is however at your discretion what information you choose to include in the contact request. We will only use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry and will do on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to respond to requests for information on our Website.
4. INFORMATION YOU GIVE US ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you should ensure that you have a legal basis for doing so and that you have complied with your transparency obligations under data protection law. You should also try to limit the personal information you give us to what you think is necessary for the purpose for which it is being provided.
5. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
In the course of operating the Website, we may share information with certain third parties, including third party service providers (such as hosting providers). We do this based upon the legal bases and exceptions mentioned in this Notice.
We may share your information with third parties for the following reasons:
- Legal and safety reasons: We may retain, preserve, or share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g., a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce any contracts we have with you.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information to help us provide our services and communicate with you. Categories of service providers include IT software and hosting providers and records-storage companies. Where such third parties are processors, these third parties are contractually required to use your information only to provide their service to us and are contractually barred from using your information for their own purposes.
- Business re-organisation: In instances where our business is subject to a re- organization, such as a merger or acquisition of some or all of its assets, we may, in accordance with our legitimate interests, need to share information in the course of the transaction. In such circumstances, your information may be disclosed, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, or other changes of control or financial status of EMA.
6. DATA TRANSFERS
In certain limited circumstances we may transfer your information to, or it may be accessible by, group companies of EMA or services providers to EMA who are based outside of the European Economic Area or the UK. When we do this we do so through legal mechanisms which are in accordance with the GDPR. Such mechanisms are in place to ensure that your information is protected to the same standards as those provided for under the GDPR. An example of these mechanisms is the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. These will be put in place between EMA and the organisation to which the information is transferred. For more information on the legally compliant mechanisms we use to transfer data outside of the EEA or the UK please contact us (see “Contact Us” section below).
As a general principle, we will retain your information for up to seven years. However, we may retain your information for longer if it is necessary in light of the purposes set out in this Notice, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and, where required for EMA to assert or defend against legal claims, until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in specific circumstances. We describe these rights below.
- Access: You have the right to request access to your information that we control.
- Data Portability: You have the right to request that some of your personal information that you initially provided to us is returned to you or another controller in a commonly used machine readable format.
- Rectify, Restrict and Delete: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information or to rectify or delete your information. Please note that despite a deletion request, we may continue to process your information if we have a legal basis to do so.
- Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object in certain circumstances. In such cases, where legally required to do so, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue processing it or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke Consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent to email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in such communications or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Complain: You have the right to submit a complaint about our use of your information with your local supervisory authority or EMA’s supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission.These rights are subject to a number of exceptions under law.
9. AMENDING THE NOTICE
From time to time, we may amend this Notice. This might happen, for example, where we make changes to the Website. If we make material changes to the Notice, we will take steps to notify you, such as by posting a notice on our website or contacting you directly. The Notice was last updated at the date indicated further below.
10. CONTACT US
If you want to exercise your rights (described above), or if you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us via any of the following:
- Write to EMA Aesthetics Limited of Palmerston House, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call +353 1 905 8020 and ask for the EMA Senior Relationship Manager
- Use the Contact Form on our website
Last updated: April 2022